Total Pageviews

MTC Address

Pouch Mail (*see instructions below)

Elder Christopher Pascal Chun

Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
-0150

Pouch Mail instructions:
Letter can only be one paged with one side left totally blank. Lay the letter blank side down. Fold the bottom of the letter about one-third of the way up the page and crease. Fold the top of the letter to the bottom of the first fold and crease. Secure the long side with two pieces of tape about one inch in from each end, but do not seal the ends. In the top left corner write your name and complete return address. Affix first class postage in the top right corner. In the middle write the missionary address as above.

If you use dearelder.com they print your emails for free and deliver them to him on pouch mail day. When you get on their website you can click "Pouch" on the left hand side and see their pouch mail countdown running. Pouch is sent once a week from church headquarters in Salt Lake City on Mondays at noon.

If you make a free account on dearelder.com you just need to choose "Ukraine - Dnepropetrovsk" for his mission, not the Provo MTC any more!

Packages or other letters besides pouch mail need to be mailed to the mission home to the following address:

Christopher Pascal Chun
(do not include the mission name)
Karla Marksa 27 A 5th floor
Dnepropetrovsk
49044
Ukraine

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 8

Last week in the MTC officially! I am so excited! I leave the MTC at 5 AM on tuesday morning, the 17th. We will be taking one flight from SLC to NY and then from NY to Vienna, Austria! My district has already told me they're expecting me to be the guide and the translator when we get there. I don't know how much I'll be able to do though. Haha I haven't been able to talk German too much while here at the MTC. The best I really get is the letters from my mom and I just read those out loud. Not much like conversation. But anyways, I am very excited to head out! Although the language is definitely going to be a challenge when I get there. I don't know too much but I'm so ready to get out into the field. I trust that everything will work out though. As I've said before. All of my district is going to the same mission and thus we are all also traveling together. It's sad to be leaving all of our teachers. I ended up with all of the best ones. Haha but leaving is much easier because I'm not saying goodbye to any of the close friends I've made here from my district. So I'm really excited and things are finally going to get real in a week.
     Easter! Easter Sunday was really weird this year. I remember last year walking around holding Niki's hand letting him find easter eggs in the field out my Grandma's house. This year we fasted on Easter Sunday and so it was strange. We also had an MTC wide sacrament meeting. That was huge. Haha they wanted all of the branch presidencies to be with their families so they did one sacrament meeting with everyone. We did have 2 Area 70s there with President Packer Presiding though. It was really cool. This week has been a major testimony builder for me that God does answer prayers. I'll just leave that at that though. I have yet to thank him for some of them and he ought to be the first to know. :P
     Believe it or not... This week is the first week I've made any kind of flashcards. Maybe that's why I'm not so good with the language. Haha, in the Russian language though, when you memorize a verb, you have to memorize two words (the perfective and imperfective version of the verb.) and the 6 ways both of them conjugate, plus I'm trying to get command forms down so that's plus two more. There are patterns but that's around 16 different things for one verb. Haha it's brutal. Adjectives and nouns are much easier though. It's just one word and they all change according to context basically the same way. Just following a few rules. It's be much easier if I was good at using those rules though. Haha, I have gotten pretty good at writing out sentences, I can't speak quite correctly though. I did memorize the last part of the first vision in Russian though. That is a mouthful and a half. Definitely feeling the Gift of Tongues though.
     Well, I just panicked and ran over to the washing machine, opened the washer that was running, spilled water everywhere, and pulled out the pen I forgot in my sweater... A little moment to let you know that I can be both spiritual and still Chris Chun. Haha but because of that I lost my train of thought and can't think of much else to tell you. So... I think I'm going to cut it short today because there really wasn't too much that happened and I'm sure that next week's will be rather long.

Love you all! Thanks for your love and support!

-Старейшина Чен

P.S. Little note for the Wee Chuns, especially Lacy. I met Hillary (I think that was her first name) Barton (I think that was her last name) here and she says hi. What a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment