Total Pageviews

MTC Address

Pouch Mail (*see instructions below)

Elder Christopher Pascal Chun

Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
-0150

Pouch Mail instructions:
Letter can only be one paged with one side left totally blank. Lay the letter blank side down. Fold the bottom of the letter about one-third of the way up the page and crease. Fold the top of the letter to the bottom of the first fold and crease. Secure the long side with two pieces of tape about one inch in from each end, but do not seal the ends. In the top left corner write your name and complete return address. Affix first class postage in the top right corner. In the middle write the missionary address as above.

If you use dearelder.com they print your emails for free and deliver them to him on pouch mail day. When you get on their website you can click "Pouch" on the left hand side and see their pouch mail countdown running. Pouch is sent once a week from church headquarters in Salt Lake City on Mondays at noon.

If you make a free account on dearelder.com you just need to choose "Ukraine - Dnepropetrovsk" for his mission, not the Provo MTC any more!

Packages or other letters besides pouch mail need to be mailed to the mission home to the following address:

Christopher Pascal Chun
(do not include the mission name)
Karla Marksa 27 A 5th floor
Dnepropetrovsk
49044
Ukraine

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 6

Hello Friends and Family! Life at the MTC is just as always. I learn something new every day but I don't do anything new because there's nothing new to do. This week went by even faster than the last, so I have no idea what to tell you.

As a district, we made a goal to speak the last two weeks in the MTC all in Russian. That's a goal that the MTC invites us to keep. We're going to start that next Monday. It's crazy to think that I'm that close to leaving here. I can't believe I've been here this long but at the same time I feel like I've lived here forever. I was joking around with my companion the other day and we were saying things like, "You mean there's a life after the MTC?" "The Prophet created this plan for us, we have a purpose here in this facility, and there is a life after life in the MTC as well." "Wow.... Tell me more!" Haha, we have our fun. I love my companion and everyone in my district. We have a lot of fun together. When we have too much fun though, the sisters are sure to keep us in line. Oh yeah, maybe I already told you this last week but the sisters are going to be singing in the saturday afternoon session. So look for the ones that look the happiest and those are my district members. Haha they'll be wearing solid colors and they have long hair. Good luck. I'm really excited to experience conference in the MTC. I think it'll be exciting to hear the message in a new light. I'll be able to better relate everything to missionary work and my investigators.

This week I also did something really weird. I actually volunteered to teach a lesson to the district at our Weekly District study. Haha, my District leader was rather suprised and confused, but also happy and relieved that he wouldn't have to anymore. Haha. Everyone in my district is having a hard time with the language obviously. Everyone's got that problem and Russian is no easy language. So the countdown (to the day we start speaking all Russian) is a little scary up on the board. Everyone is a little scared and nervous for that day. But I taught a lesson on faith, and how we need to be happy at all times. In fact the day before we had a devotional speaker from the 70 come and he said something I really liked. He said, "If you're not happy you're not doing it right." Everything in this life is meant for us to be happy. EVERYTHING. All of the trials we experience are meant for us to grow and to be able to be happy. If we ever get hung up on something we're doing it wrong. The faith comes in because we can be happy by trusting in God. Trusting that he knows what he's doing and that he knows that our personal experiences will truly make us happier. I later realized that what I called just "faith" is actually Faith, Charity, and Hope. Oh well... At least I kind of understand the principle. A cool analogy I made is that God gives us blessings kind of like an hourglass with no bottom. We are the bottom and we catch the blessings. Obviously there is a limit to how much we can carry. So we need to work on our faith because that is the foundation that we can catch the blessings with. As our faith grows, we can handle more blessings. That made me think a little bit. Is it possible to be blessed too much? Because like I said before, trials are blessings too, so can we recieve too many blessings? I was looking through the Book of Mormon and I received an answer. In the long run, the answer is no. As we build our foundation and become more and more Christ-like, we will eventually be able to receive all of the kingdom of heaven. So God will let us have all of the sand in the top of the hourglass which is infinite. But the answer is also yes. God adjusts the stream of blessings to always be a little more than we can handle. This forces us to continue growing and growing. But, God is very capable of just giving us all of the blessings. You know what happens when he does that though? We pass out. Hahaha story of King Lamoni, Ammon, Joseph Smith, and so many others. They all had varying degrees of testimonies and faith, but the Lord sent them so many blessings at once that they passed out. Haha

Well that's my spiritual insight for the day. I'm sorry but I can't think of much funny stuff that's happened. We always have fun and laugh but there's no specific events that I can think of. Well... my old companion (from the 3 way companionship) is known for being very close with his cats at home. His favorite one was Wall-E and his next favorite was his duck Penelope. In one letter he found out that Wall-E was run over by a car and Penelope flew away and we laughed at him for a while. Haha he is fine though. He's known for liking his cats and duck but I don't think it's really that much of a problem for him.

We get new elders today. None of them are headed for Dnepropetrovsk though. It should be fun. I'll probably meet them in about 5 hours. Everyone is kind of super excited for it. Probably just because it's something new. I honestly don't think it's all that exciting. We're probably not going to associate all that much. Haha maybe people are just excited to finally be the "seniors" around. For two or three weeks. Real exciting. Haha but it'll be good.

I can't think of anything more to say so best of luck to everyone, thank you for the love support and letters.

- Elder Chun

No comments:

Post a Comment